- Available Formats
- Priced From ( in USD )
Secure PDF Files
What you can do with a Secure PDF:
- Immediate download
- Add to Cart
- Secure PDF
- Ships in 3-5 business days
- Add to Cart
Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
About This Item
The 2015 revision of the ANSI Z136.6 Safe Use of Lasers Outdoors is the premier safety standard and a necessary tool for anyone operating a laser system in an open-air environment. This newly revised document provides guidance for the safe use of potentially hazardous lasers and laser systems (180 nm to 1 mm), where the establishment of open beam paths is necessitated. When used in conjunction with the ANSI Z136.1 Safe Use of Lasers, the Z136.6 ensures that your outdoor laser applications are in conformity with the latest safety guidelines.
This latest edition was created with the goal to update, clarify, and streamline an already established, recognized standard to better reflect today's outdoor laser operator's needs.
Some of the changes to the 2015 edition include:
- Single column format and index for improved readability and searchability, and color added to figures for ease of use.
- Added definition of "Control Measures" with explanation of preferred categories.
- Complete rewrite of the Control Measures section to include the removal of most manufacturer-specific requirements, and the addition of an expanded and standalone military-specific section.
- Metric unit standardization across the standard means no more pesky conversions.
- New definitions and expanded content for visual interference zones around airports and general critical tasks.
- FAA coordination requirements clarified.
- Laser hazard classification revised to include a comparison table between 2000 and 2014 version of ANSI Z136.1 and better explain the purpose and types of hazard classification.
- General section and formatting updates to better reflect today's jargon.