Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
About This Item
ISO/IEC 13346 specifies a format and associated system requirements for volume and boot block recognition, volume structure, file structure and record structure for the interchange of information on media between users of information processing systems.
The media shall be recorded as if the recording of sectors may be done in any order.
ISO/IEC 13346 consists of the following five Parts:
Part 1: General
Part 2: Volume and Boot Block Recognition
Part 3: Volume Structure
Part 4: File Structure
5: Record Structure
Annex A - ICB Strategies, is part of ISO/IEC 13346-4.
This part of ISO/IEC 13346 specifies a format and associated system requirements for volume structure by specifying:
- the attributes of a volume and the descriptors recorded on it;
- the relationship among volumes of a volume set;
- the attributes of a partition of a volume;
- the attributes of a logical volume and the descriptors recorded on it;
- levels of medium interchange;
- requirements for the processes which are provided within information processing systems, to enable information to be interchanged between different systems; for this purpose, it specifies the functions to be provided within systems which are intended to originate or receive media which conform to this part of ISO/IEC 13346.