What is a Secured PDF?
Secured PDFs are equipped with Digital Rights Management (DRM) software, by request of the Publisher to protect the copyright of the Publication, preventing unauthorized duplication and distribution.
What does this mean?
To view the PDF, a DRM tool, FileOpen must be installed. FileOpen is a free plugin which is compatible with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Pro DC, as well as other PDF Readers noted on the FileOpen website.
What can you do with a Secured PDF?
- Print (except for BOMA, IADC, ICML)
- Some Publishers do not allow printing.
- Most Publishers do not permit copy and pasting from the PDF.
- Sharing, Duplicating and Distribution prohibited.
- For further information on restrictions, please click here.