Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
About This Item
New in Version 6.0! Templates have been updated to ensure consistency with the Software CM requirements of ANSI/EIA-649-B, Configuration Managements Standard.
Prior to the release of V6.0, the CM templates in this document were reviewed to ensure consistency with the Software CM requirements of ANSI/EIA-649-B, Configuration Managements Standard. As a result:
- An appendix was added in V6.0 to provide an overview of the ANSI/EIA-649-B standard
- Minor modifications were made to several of the templates to ensure compatibility with ANSI/EIA-649-B while still remaining compliant with ISO/IEC 12207:2008, ISO/IEC 15288:2008, and IEC 62304.
- Traceability matrices were added to show how ISO/IEC 12207:2008 and Version 6.0 templates map to ANSI/EIA-649-B functions and principles.
This document contains a set of templates that enable engineers and managers to implement effective, standards-compliant software configuration management (CM). The templates conform to software CM requirements specified in standards ANSI/EIA-649-B, Configuration Managements Standard, ISO/IEC 12207:2008, Software life cycle processes, ISO/IEC 15288:2008, System life cycle processes, and IEC 62304, Medical Device Software - Software Life Cycle Processes. In addition to informative and adaptable text, these templates provide many illustrative diagrams that ease the implementation and communication of CM processes.
These templates provide generic descriptions and instructions that are compliant with the standards listed above and provide a structure within which you can include detailed project-specific information. Once tailored, the templates become a complete set of documents that allow implementation of software configuration management compliant with both widely-used standards and project-specific requirements.
Thirteen templates are provided. They are:
- Software Configuration Management Policy
- Software Configuration Management Strategy
- Software Configuration Management Organization Charts
- Software Configuration Management Plan
- Software Configuration Management Process
- Software Configuration Identification Procedure
- Software Configuration Change Control Procedure
- Software Configuration Status Accounting Procedure
- Software Configuration Item Check-in and Check-out Procedure
- Software Configuration Audits and Reviews Procedure
- Subcontractor Software Configuration Control Procedure
- External Interface Configuration Control Procedure
- Software Product Release and Delivery Procedure