Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
About This Item
This standard provides:
- test and statistical methods for generating fatigue distribution data;
- test and statistical methods for conducting a verification of the pressure ratings of the pressure containing envelope on positive displacement fluid power pump/ motor(s);
- common requirements and an industry-wide philosophy in judging one type of pressure capability for fluid power pump/motor(s);
- uniform methods of product comparison.
- constant amplitude, pressure induced loading of the elements that constitute or maintain the pressure containing envelope;
- pump/motor(s) that are used on systems that use a liquid, rather than a gas to transmit power;
- product life of at least 100,000 cycles;
- defined conditions for pressure levels and pulse durations;
- temperatures from the charpy impact transition temperature to the threshold of creep sensitivity;
- environments which are chemically compatible with the materials of the pressure containing envelope;
- materials that are aluminum, magnesium, steel, iron, copper based alloys, cobalt, titanium, stainless steels, nickel steels and monel. Specifically excluded are creep sensitive materials such as: zinc, plastic, rubber and sealing devices;
- cavity failures that will cause fluid to leak to the environment are covered by this standard.