Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
About This Item
Codes and standards published by NFPA are displayed as read-only under license from NFPA solely for use within this system. NFPA material may not be downloaded, printed, reproduced, or transferred.
Use the 2022 edition of NFPA 1140, Standard for Wildland Fire Protection, to stay up to date with the latest NFPA® Emergency Response and Responder Safety (ERRS) requirements.
NFPA 1140, Standard for Wildland Fire Protection, is a consolidation of four previous NFPA standards: NFPA 1051, Standard for Wildland Firefighting Personnel Professional Qualifications; NFPA 1141, Standard for Fire Protection Infrastructure for Land Development in Wildland, Rural, and Suburban Areas; NFPA 1143, Standard for Wildland Fire Management; and NFPA 1144, Standard for Reducing Structure Ignition Hazards from Wildland Fire. These documents were integrated into a single wildland fire safety standard in an effort to increase usability, reduce errors and conflicts, and produce a greater quality standard.
The 2022 edition of NFPA 1140, Standard for Wildland Fire Protection, serves as a single wildland fire safety standard.
This consolidated document includes a number of updates, including the following:
- Single definitions for key terms
- A new requirement for continuing professional development for all wildland firefighting positions
- Removal of an exception to the minimum separation distance between buildings in wildland areas if both buildings have automatic sprinkler systems
- A new requirement for automatic sprinkler systems in all one- and two-family dwellings and apartment occupancies
- New requirements for multi-agency operational plans for community safety and emergency preparedness, as well as maintenance of physical spaces to be used during an emergency
- Updated requirements for building construction and design materials for consistency with current building codes
Help ensure you meet all of the requirements for wildland fire safety to help keep communities safe by ordering your copy of NFPA 1140, Standard for Wildland Fire Protection, today. (Print, 117 pp., 2022)