Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
About This Item
This part of ISO 13406
- establishes ergonomic image-quality requirements for the design and evaluation of flat panel displays,
- defines terms needed to address image quality on flat panel displays,
- specifies methods of determining image quality on flat panel displays, and
- establishes ergonomic principles for guiding these requirements.
This part of ISO 13406 is applicable to
- flat panel display screens when used to perform office tasks,
- flat panel display screens that consist of a regular array of picture elements arranged in evenly spaced rows without built-in gaps,
- the presentation of fonts based on Latin-, Cyrillic- and Greek-origin alphabetic characters and Arabic numerals on flat panel display screens,
- the presentation of Asian characters, and
- flat panel display screens that are large enough to display at least 40 Latin-origin characters.
This part of ISO 13406 is not applicable to
- flat panel technology applied to a display that uses optics to form an image that is not the same size as the electro-optical transducer (projection applications of flat panel displays), or
- flat panel technology applied to a display limited to fixed-messages or segmented alphanumerics. [See 2.13 IEC SC 47C (Central Office) 3:1992].