- Available Formats
- Priced From ( in USD )
Secure PDF Files
Secure PDF files include digital rights management (DRM) software. DRM is included at the request of the publisher, as it helps them protect their copyright by restricting file sharing. In order to read a Secure PDF, you will need to install the FileOpen Plug-In on your computer. The FileOpen Plug-In works with Adobe Reader and other viewers. Visit FileOpen to see the full list.
What you can do with a Secure PDF:
- Immediate download
- Add to Cart
- Secure PDF
- Printed Edition
- Ships in 3-5 business days
- Add to Cart
Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
Steel Reinforced Concrete: Essentials (SRCE-16)
Priced From $17.95
Field Inspection of Reinforcing Bars (Guide), 2nd Edition...
Priced From $22.95
Design Guide for Square Spread Footings for Individual Co...
Priced From $39.95
Design Guide for Pile Caps (10-DG-PILE-CAPS)
Priced From $74.95
About This Item
The book is organized with respect to Seismic Design Category with applicable design and detailing requirements provided for one-way slabs, beams, two-way slabs, columns, walls, diaphragms, and foundations. Numerous design aids and flowcharts are given that guide the reader through the updated ACI 318 requirements. Code provisions are illustrated by many worked-out examples; for comparison purposes, the same buildings are used in different Seismic Design Categories.
The following topics are covered that are commonly not found in other reinforced concrete design resources:
- Guidelines on how to achieve economical reinforced concrete structures, including how to choose an economical reinforced concrete floor system
- Simplified methods for lateral load distribution (wind and seismic) in low-rise buildings
- Design and detailing of diaphragms with and without openings
- Preliminary joint sizes of special moment frames