Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
CIBSE -- Managing Your Building Services
Priced From $73.00
CIBSE -- Environmental Design: Guide, A
Priced From $130.00
CRC Press -- Building Energy Management Systems, 2nd Ed.
Priced From $100.00
Taylor & Francis -- Building Performance Simulation for D...
Priced From $120.00
About This Item
Changes for the 2015 Edition
The 2015 edition incorporates changes that better align the NGBS with the I-codes, expands the application of innovative practices and builds upon years of building and certifying to NGBS. Some of the more notable updates include:
- Substantial revisions to the Energy Efficiency chapter, which now has more stringent rating levels based upon whole-house energy savings that are above the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code.
- New criteria for measuring water usage that focus on appliance and fixture performance instead of third-party water efficiency labels.
- Mandatory installation of carbon monoxide alarms for all buildings, regardless of level of certification or local code.
- Revamped stormwater management options that encourage low-impact development practices.
- Greater emphasis on and recognition of multi-modal transportation options including bicycle parking, pedestrian connectivity, proximity to transit and electric-vehicle charging.
- New references in the Resource Efficiency chapter on innovative practices for environmental product declarations for both specific and industry-wide products.
This latest edition includes everything needed to design, construct or remodel any residential project to the most current sustainable and green building criteria available - all under one roof!
ASHRAE has also made arrangements with NAHB to make a complimentary eBook edition available at www.BuilderBooks.com/NGBS
Citation: Non-ASHRAE Book