Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
Design Considerations for Datacom Equipment Centers, 2nd Ed.
Priced From $59.00
Fundamentals of HVAC Systems SI
Priced From $146.00
Fundamentals of HVAC Control Systems - SI
Priced From $146.00
Fundamentals of Air System Design I-P, 2nd Ed.
Priced From $168.00
About This Item
Covers the various types of heating systems available for commercial and residential buildings and three basic components of every heating system: the fuel source, the energy conversion plant, and the energy distribution system. Topics include: basic selection criteria for any heating system; factors that must be considered when designing a commercial heating system; various types of commercial heating systems that may be used; basic types and design criteria of industrial and residential heating systems; how to calculate heating costs; relevant codes and standards that affect heating systems; and commissioning and maintenance of heating systems.What You Will Learn:
You will develop an understanding of the various types of heating systems available for commercial and residential buildings and the three basic components of every heating system: the fuel source; the energy conversion plant; and the energy distribution system. After completing the course, you should have an understanding of:
- The basic selection criteria for any heating system.
- The factors that must be considered when designing a commercial heating system.
- The various types of commercial heating systems that may be used.
- The basic types and design criteria of industrial heating systems.
- The basic types and design criteria of residential heating systems.
- How to calculate heating costs.
- The relevant codes and standards that affect heating systems.
- Commissioning and maintenance of heating systems.
- Introduction - Course overview and terminology.
- Overview of Heating Systems - Basic heating system components, fuel source, energy conversion plant, and energy distribution system.
- Basic Selection Criteria - Basic selection criteria, occupancy and comfort considerations, thermal envelope, ventilation requirements, regional preferences, and availability of fuels.
- Commercial Heating Systems - Commercial building types, central multizone systems, and forced air furnaces and unitary heating systems.
- Industrial Heating Systems - Basic system considerations, district heating and cooling, waste heat recovery, and high temperature water and steam systems.
- Residential Heating Systems - System types, single-family systems, multifamily systems and cooling towers.
- Heating Cost Calculations - Energy estimation methods, installation costs, operating and maintenance costs, simple payback calculations, and lifecycle cost calculations.
- Codes and Standards - What are codes and standards, safety codes and standards, performance standards, and code- and standards-writing organizations.
- Building Commissioning and Maintenance - Heating system design summary, commissioning of heating systems, and maintenance requirements.
Who Should Enroll in This Course?
This is an excellent course for anyone who needs a general overview of heating systems. You will benefit from this course if you are:
- A recent engineering graduate working in the HVAC&R industry.
- An experienced engineer who has entered the HVAC&R field from another engineering area.
- An architect, technician, construction or building management professional who wants to increase your knowledge of HVAC systems.
Participants completing this course earn 3.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or 35 Professional Development Hours (PDHs).