Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
About This Item
This part of ISO 16120 is applicable to wire rod of non-alloy steel intended for wire drawing and/or cold rolling. The cross-section may be circular, oval, square, rectangular, hexagonal, octagonal, half-round or other shape and generally with at least 5 mm nominal dimension. Wire rod has a smooth surface and is generally intended for subsequent conversion.
It is not applicable to products for which standards exist or are under study, e.g.:
- steel wire rod intended for heat treatment;
- rod for free-cutting steels;
- steel rod for cold heading and cold extrusion;
- steel rod intended for the production of electrodes and products for welding;
- steel rod for welded fabric for reinforcement for concrete;
- steel rod for wire for high fatigue strength mechanical springs, such as valve springs.
In addition to the requirements of this part of ISO 16120 the general technical delivery requirements specified in ISO 404 apply.