- Available Formats
- Priced From ( in USD )
- Printed Edition
- Ships in 3-5 days
- Add to Cart
About This Item
Prevent fires and explosions with proper identification and control of static electricity using NFPA 77.
In addition to being a danger to individuals and an operating problem in industry, static electricity is often the ignition source for an ignitable mixture. Guard against fires and explosions using the latest best practices outlined in NFPA 77. You'll access clear guidelines for the assessment of ignition potential and protocols for fire prevention.
Use NFPA 77 to mitigate risks. This document covers:
- Hazards of static electricity
- How to control ignition hazards
- Flammable and combustible liquids
- Dusts and fibers
- Industrial and commercial processes
- Detection and measurement of static electricity
Important updates in the 2007 edition:
- Recognition of positive ground indicators or self-testing ground clamps where indicated by environmental conditions
- Revised guidance on static neutralizers that use a high-voltage power supply
The document is also reorganized for clarity and consistency with NFPA's Manual of Style.