- Available Formats
- Priced From ( in USD )
- Printed Edition
- Ships in 3-5 days
- Add to Cart
Customers Who Bought This Also Bought
About This Item
Get the facts to avoid dangers when storing oxidizers!
NFPA 430 provides requirements for the safe storage of liquid and solid oxidizers including, commercially available strengths of oxidizers used for water treatment. Proper storage and handling will decrease the risks of explosion, spontaneous ignition of combustible materials, rapid decomposition, and other hazardous situations.
The 2004 edition of NFPA 430 is a complete revision of the document and contains many significant changes, including:
- Requirements to restrict storage exposure from excessive temperatures
- A major revision of the sprinkler requirements for Class 3 oxidizers stored in sprinklered buildings
- A revision of the allowable storage amounts for Class 1-3 oxidizers that generally reduces the amount of material that can be stored without using sprinkler protection.
- A revision of the requirements for storage in mercantile occupancies.
- Annex material to assist emergency responders so they have a better understanding of the hazards and behavior of oxidizers.
- Annex material on the physical properties of oxidizers.